lite-on writer and audio cd's

frasernet 18:44 23 Nov 2003

can anyone help? i recently replaced my lite-on cd writer after 2 years faithful service due to a breakdown with another brand new lite-on 52327s. I used to be able to play all audio cd's on my main stereo system in my lounge, a jvc mini system, nothing special, but IT DID used to play cdr's. However since replacing the writer i find that it wont play cdr's, although they will play on the kids portable systems and in my car. I have updated the firmware, i have upgraded nero, but nothing works. I am using the same cdr media, maxell, i am running xp home, have a pentium 3 800mhz with 512 ram. any ideas before i have to go and buy another writer, if all else fails can anyone recommend a foolproof writer that wont cost the earth.please help.

smegs 01:08 24 Nov 2003

Bump

Giant68 10:50 24 Nov 2003

What speed are you burning the audio cd's? I have found that burning audio cd's at higher speeds leads to problems on various cd players. I always burn audio cd's at 8x and get no probs, unless I am using cd's with a blue writing surface. Try burning at lower speeds and see what happens.

Giant68

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone