lite-on dvdrw sosw-833s

cheechman 12:33 01 Jul 2006

I've got a large file which I want to put on to DVD so I purchased some RiVision DVD+R DL DVD's. But when using Clone DVD it keeps asking for a writable disc to be inserted. Similar happens when using Nero.

I thought this was a Dual Layer DVD and therefore able to accept DVD+ and DVD-. Used normal size DVD-R without problems in past. Have I got it wrong?

Stuartli 13:13 01 Jul 2006

Dual layer and DVD+R/DVD-R are two different things.

You need to look at the spec for your drive to see what disks it will write to - you are/appear to be confusing formats with features.

cheechman 13:20 01 Jul 2006

Sorry I meant to say Double layer.

I've looked at this and a few others an I thought this meant it accepted both DVD+R and DVD-R.

click here

Stuartli 13:21 01 Jul 2006

Dual and double mean the same thing in this instance...:-)

Stuartli 13:21 01 Jul 2006

Dual and double mean the same thing in this instance...:-)

Stuartli 13:24 01 Jul 2006

According to the spec it is a double layer DVD+R capable drive.

Try another brand of blank disks; also check that you have a suitable version of Nero and whether there are any firmware updates for the drive.

SANTOS7 13:25 01 Jul 2006

click here

it does, funny tho' this site does not say it supports +R DL

vinnyT 16:06 01 Jul 2006

This Dual Drive can support all of the fastest DVD recordable media: write DVD+R media at 8X, write DVD-R media at 8X, rewrite DVD+RW media at 4X, rewrite DVD-RW media at 4X, read DVD-ROM media at 8X and write DVD+R Double Layer writing at 2.4X. From click here

cheechman 19:19 01 Jul 2006

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately I bought a pack of DVD+R DL DVDs so will get a couple of single ones.

Will try firmware updates or try contacting the manufacturer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?