List best ways 2 implement 2-factor authentication

bradfelcher 20:45 02 Nov 2008

What are the best ways to implement 2-factor Authentication?

It seems to be:

Biometrics
Security Token
Phone

Can we drill down on these, on costs and pros and cons?

tullie 20:29 04 Nov 2008

Would like to help,but dont have a clue what your talking about,please enlighten me.

brooklynkumar 03:25 09 Nov 2008

2-factor is based on the idea that you can establish your identity in 3 general "factors": By what you know, by what you have, or by who you are. 2-factor authentication means that you try to cover two of these 3 bases, and that doing so can more strongly establish who you are.

brooklynkumar 03:25 09 Nov 2008

2-factor is based on the idea that you can establish your identity in 3 general "factors": By what you know, by what you have, or by who you are. 2-factor authentication means that you try to cover two of these 3 bases, and that doing so can more strongly establish who you are.

bradfelcher 23:25 09 Nov 2008

One example I came across for using the Phone as a second factor is Phone Factor. Does any one have experience with this?

Forum Editor 19:13 10 Nov 2008

about this in the forum quite recently, but I'm rushing at the moment, and I can't immediately see where it was.

I'll take a look through my post list later on, and point you to the one in question, but in the meantime someone else may come along and help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?