linux OS and firefox browser

jen38 17:21 25 Dec 2008

I am having problems using firefox because I want to use MSN messenger but firefox doesnt support it, can I get another browser like IE 7 and delete firefox? I would appreciate some help on this

Stuartli 17:25 25 Dec 2008
  octal 18:03 25 Dec 2008

I don't know what flavour of Linux you are using, but I use Kopte for my instant messaging.

jen38 18:19 25 Dec 2008

Hi, thanks for your replies, but Im still having probs with it, Im trying to log onto it and it says your msn messenger account is error, our porotocol is not supported by the sever, we have then got three boxes, one is "sign in", one is "modify account" and the third is "ignore", none of them seem to do anything - please help..................we got this for my daughter for xmas and she cant get on msn, she is gutted so any help would be appreciated.

realist 18:42 25 Dec 2008
  LastChip 18:42 25 Dec 2008

Go to your package manager and see if you can install pidgin.

This is an IM client and if you set up your MSN account in it, it should then let you access MSN Messenger.

User-1229748 19:33 25 Dec 2008

post back to tell us how you got on with the above links.i know nothing about linux but others on here do and i'm sure they will pull out all the stops to get your daughter using messenger :o)

jen38 20:49 25 Dec 2008

Thanks so much for your help, Im a total beginner on this, I really dont know what to do, I ahve tried updated the system loads of times, but after about half an hour it says that update successful but some updates not installed, its driving me mad, Ive sat on there approx 5hours today trying to sort this and Im still no further, I have tried everything I have been told by the kind members so far, when I download things such as pidgin, it downloads it, then when i try to open it, it opens approx 20 new tabs all blank and carries on opening pages until I stop it, has anyone got any ideas please? I am so so grateful for your help guys

jennifer

realist 21:10 25 Dec 2008

What is make/model of pc?

octal 21:13 25 Dec 2008

It would help if we knew which Linux you are using, I did ask in an earlier post but I got no response, oh well Merry Christmas anyway.

jen38 21:34 25 Dec 2008

Its acer aspire one, notebook pc linpus linux lite v1.0.9.E

its saying when I try to sign in

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?