linux help

harps1h 23:27 06 Jul 2005

further to my earlier thresd about the installing of linux i have now acheived this by changing from dvi to analogue. now though i am up and running i now have a different set of problems. most important is my internet. iwant to set it up and although there are linux drivers on it i don't know how to extract them properly. i keep getting the message that the destination folder is incorrect. problem is never having used a direct language os before i only have a minimum knowledge, i can see this being a steep learning curve. can anybody advise me as top the correct language to use?

harpur

ashdav 00:53 07 Jul 2005

click here
try this. you should find any help you need.

dth 11:48 07 Jul 2005

what linux distribution are you using and how are you trying to connect to the internet (adsl, modem etc).

harps1h 19:30 07 Jul 2005

the distro is fedora and the modem is a sagem 800 adsl connected throught the usb. there is a linux patch on the driver cd but i'm unsure of the correct path to use in the terminal

octal 19:34 07 Jul 2005

Can you tell us the file name and extension, it might give a clue on what to do with it.

harps1h 21:17 07 Jul 2005

the file is called eagle-usb.tgz. i followed the screen shot of how the script should be in the terminal in the readme files, but kept getting a bad command line.

octal 21:30 07 Jul 2005

This is a more up to date driver click here

You should unpack the file, a good place to unpack it to is /usr/share then, you will have to do that as root, then in the root console follow the commands to install it in the install paragraph.

./configure

make

make install

harps1h 20:38 17 Jul 2005

bump

octal 21:00 17 Jul 2005

You've bumped your post, but what about an update? Are you still getting the same problems?

harps1h 21:14 17 Jul 2005

i'll come back to you on that shortly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?