linux

picklsey 06:29 28 Feb 2007

was thinking of trying linux any recomendations.i have xp pro and vista on a dual boot just now.free one of course.thanks.

2neat 07:59 28 Feb 2007

This a good place to look click here

scotty 12:33 28 Feb 2007

I recently installed Kubuntu and found it remarkable easy to use. I would highly recommend it (or Ubuntu which is the equivalent distribution using the Gnome desktop instead of the KDE desktop).

vinnyT 12:39 28 Feb 2007

Take a look at distrowatch (click here).

smudge101 13:09 28 Feb 2007

Puppylinux live cd with an easy install option

86.5 mb download
click here

Madscot_uk 15:31 28 Feb 2007

My recommendation would be Ubuntu, as mentioned. I stared using it a while ago, and after a few issues got it set up to my liking and has taken main os preference plus you can run it off the cd before installing it to give a taster.

Ms

Rtus 16:44 28 Feb 2007

Ive tried a few linux broods,but found some lacking in user help/hardware driver issues.Im currently trying Centos 4.3 which was free on a dvd from a linux mag.(shhh dont want to upset PCA) very similar to windows.& it set-up just as windows does .with only one gripe I cant get the DVDRW drive recognised ,but it finds my router /wifi & works faster than xp at times.I havent tried the bundled office but looks similar to Star office6 ,I use drive caddies to install any system I want/need at the time.and it takes merely moments to switch to Xp if the need arises.

picklsey 16:49 28 Feb 2007

thanks for that will have a look shortly.

at the moment i,m downloading kubunto 6.10 already downloaded puppylinux.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?