linspire has corrupted mandrake startup

keith-236785 11:59 27 Oct 2005

Hi

i have WinXP PRO and mandrake on one hard drive which i was able to dual boot, i then put Linspire on my SATA drive wanting to be able to triple boot but it isnt happening, the linspire boot menu shows mandrake but when i choose it i get an error and it just goes back to the linspire boot menu but this time the screen is distorted (lines across the screen) i can still see the text so i can choose the boot option, linspire and winXP work ok but not Mandrake, is this linspires way of saying WE do not like a different linux on your pc and are going to stop it from working?

is there a simple way to resolve this or do i need to re-install mandrake and go to the mandrake boot manager instead of Linspires, or will that just do the same to Linspire and make that unusable?

im pretty much a linux newbie but am considering changing to linux proper soon (as soon as i have got my head around it). i find linspire very easy to use and it seems to have most of what i need but does anyone have any concerns with it. if there are problems with it then i might just stick with mandrake (mandriver) though i believe that has been taken over and is no longer available free of charge. I do have the 10.2 LE on DVD so its pretty new.

any advice would be welcome

keith-236785 02:08 28 Oct 2005

anyone got any ideas?

Skills 02:21 28 Oct 2005

No idea about the boot problem but so I have heard the main problem with linspire is that it runs as root by default.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?