Linksys Wireless Network - WAG354G

PUKKA784 22:49 10 Jan 2006

Hi, I have had a few problems with connecting my gateway router for a wireless internet connection, however have finally sorted it out (I think!) I wondered if you can help me, is there a quick way for me to secure my connection without having to go through the whole set-up process again. I'm currently running Win-XP Home Edition SP2. Also can you tell me if there is anyway I can make my Linksys WAG354G my default wireless network as sometimes it picks up on someones elses Belkin connection? I would appreciate your help in this matter very much.

mgmcc 08:22 11 Jan 2006

Enabling WEP or WPA encryption in the router's settings should be straightforward and not involve going through the main setup process again.

However, the PC(s) will have to re-connect to the wireless network, i.e. you should delete any existing profile, scan again for "Available Wireless Networks", find and highlight the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and select the option to "Connect" to it. You will then have to enter the encryption key that matches the one set up in the router before the connection will succeed.

<<< Also can you tell me if there is anyway I can make my Linksys WAG354G my default wireless network >>>

In the Wireless Adapter's software, when the "Available Wireless Networks" are displayed, is there perhaps an option to set the priority, so that your own network can be set as the top priority?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?