Linksys BEFSR41 Power Light

Glyn-252301 21:47 22 Feb 2006

Should the power light on the Linksys BEFSR41 Router blink? I ask this as I can no longer get a connection unless I bypass router and go straight through cable modem. Have tried setting up from fresh but no use. If some kind soul could answer above question I would know whether to order new Router. Could be the power transformer, but cannot get the right one to replace.

Regards G.

handy4x 21:52 22 Feb 2006

blinking light useualy means not enabled at the exchange try phoning your phone provider to se if their is a fault first

Glyn-252301 21:59 22 Feb 2006

Thanks for response. Line is OK as long as I bypass Router. From your answer I would think that the router can no longer access net.

Thanks and regards G.

vinnyT 11:18 23 Feb 2006

Used to use this when I lived in an ntl enabled area, can't remember the power led flashing, but am pretty sure that it should stay solid.

Have you tried resetting it?

britto 16:12 23 Feb 2006

mine stays solid found this if it helps (BEFSR41 V3)

click here

SEASHANTY 16:28 23 Feb 2006

Stays solid. Mine has now been in use three years and has three pc's connected to it. The middle led in the three in the elongated circle blinks quite a lot in use. That's the led against "Act".

Try pushing the Reset button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?