linksy router problem or is it?

chrisjohn 18:42 29 Sep 2006

i have a linksy wireless router about 18 mths old,type 54g,whats hapening is i9 have one pc wired to the router,and two pc's on wireless ever so often once a week they loose connection and wont find the network,i have to restore factory settings on router then restore all the saved router settings,then they can find the network again an connect.is it a faulty router or something else.

STREETWORK 20:03 29 Sep 2006

There is something interferring with the network signal. Try and move things away from speakers and base unit. move the router to a different location...

sunny staines 21:14 29 Sep 2006

have you tried the lyksks freephone tech helpline 0800 3267114 they are very good.

Halmer 21:28 29 Sep 2006

I had the same or similar problem and cured it by entering the TCP/IP settings manually rather than automatically finding the IP address.

Don't know if it could help you but I'll post what I did if it might help.

Halmer 21:29 29 Sep 2006

Start/All Programs/Connect to/Wireless Connection

Under the Support Tab click on Details and make a note of these numbers carefully and what they refer to. You don't need the Physical Address at the top or the WNS Server at the bottom.

Go back to the General Tab to the left of Support and press Properties. Double click on Internet Protocal (TCP/IP) and enter the numbers above by manaully configuring the two options.i.e. change them both to 'Use the following........'

If this doesn't make sense post back.It's a lot easier than I have probably made it out to be. You can always simply change the settings back if it doesn't work but I think it will as you wont have to search for the IP details each time.

The bottom two DNS Server details

are the two that you have made a note of.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?