Links not working.?

tein 12:37 06 Sep 2009

Hi everyone! this is simple BUT i need to ask as ive not come across this before? ive got Firefox on my pc as im sick to death of IE8 errors & issues when i create a email with IE & i include a link i normaly just press "Return" on the last character the link then becomes "live" so the recipient just clicks on the highlighted text & it opens a new browser with the relevant address on the link!

HOWEVER with Firefox this doesnt seem to work.? the link i send is dead its just text so when i click on it nothing happens.? does anyone know what i am doing wrong as im new to firefox.?

johndrew 12:42 06 Sep 2009

Both IE8 and Firefox are browsers. What are you using to send e-mails or are you using web mail?

tein 13:36 06 Sep 2009

Hi John im using yahoo! & have been for the last 6/7 years! im not sure whats changed cause i havent changed anything.?? thankx for your reply!!

tein

johndrew 13:43 06 Sep 2009

Could be the way Firefox is set up. Look at your settings in IE and compare with those in Firefox. But also remember they are different in coding and this may also affect what is happening.

tein 22:14 06 Sep 2009

johdrew & MArg7 thanks so much for your replies!
ive tested in in my recived & sent & its dead both ways.?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?