Sherwood 10:42 12 Jan 2006

I know how to link cells in Microsoft Excel.
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to link Word documents so that changing one set of typing in one document also changes words in other documents?

  recap 12:11 12 Jan 2006

Is this what you are meaning? click here

  rmcqua 12:17 12 Jan 2006

No, I think Sherwood is asking about applying a change to one document and having it automatically applied to other documents, rather like having a text selection process that extends to other documents than just the one you are viewing.
In which case, I don't think it's possible (but would love to learn how, if it is).

  Sherwood 13:02 12 Jan 2006

That is what I mean.
I want to make a change once and have it carried through the rest of the document automatically.
I can do it by using the edit/change all facility. but I thought there ought to be way to do it by linking.

  recap 14:52 12 Jan 2006

click here It may do what you require?

  rmcqua 15:13 12 Jan 2006

That looks very useful! Never heard of it. Nice one, recap.

  Sherwood 15:21 12 Jan 2006

This looks very useful. thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017