links in email

highside 22:20 27 Mar 2006

Help please, suddenly I can no longer follow links up in emails which I have received.
ie If I click on any link in any of my emails nothing happens. (links to email addresses do work OK just cant go to web sites)
This only applies to email, normal internet operation is fine, just can't link straight from email. No doubt it will be something to do with McAfee again?
Win XP + SP2 and Outlook Express
Thanks for any help.

VoG II 22:22 27 Mar 2006

Nothing to do with McAfee click here

highside 23:02 27 Mar 2006

Thanks for incredibly quick response, tried Method 1 of the link you gave me but unfortunately still have the problem. (The procedure did say that the reset had been succesful)

highside 23:02 27 Mar 2006

Thanks for incredibly quick response, tried Method 1 of the link you gave me but unfortunately still have the problem. (The procedure did say that the reset had been succesful)

highside 23:05 27 Mar 2006

Thanks for the very fast response, unfortunately I still have the problem. I followed your link and Method 1 and it did report the reset of urlmon as succesful. Will try it again tomorrow.

highside 17:21 28 Mar 2006

VoG, any more advice please, have tried the procedure several times but still have the same problem, do you know if the article definately applies to Outlook Express 6. Reason I ask is that the article is headed for 'Outlook 2000/2002' The procedure works fine but I still can't connect using email links
Thanks.

VoG II 17:34 28 Mar 2006

Yes it does apply to OE as well. Have you tried Method 2 - this should work in XP.

highside 18:41 28 Mar 2006

Sorry - me again
Have battled thru Method 2 as far as the File type edit menu where I do see the word 'open' in the Action box.
However in the box - 'Application used to perform action' I have all correct except instead of %1 I have '-nohome' Should I change this to %1. (sorry if it's a silly question0

VoG II 18:47 28 Mar 2006

Yes, change it to %1.

highside 18:53 28 Mar 2006

Many thanks, resolved with %1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?