for some reason I am unable to connect to links in e-mails to sites on the web etc. it is happening in windows mail and incredimail, so there must be something in my settings which is causing this. I have only had vista loaded for a week and have had to set everything up again, but I think this has just started today, but I cant be sure. any simple ideas for a simpleton. cheers
sorry for delay, when I did as you suggested, the task bar froze and i had to switch off. On restart it did a chkdsk, and I put regsvr32 urlmon.dll in and it said it was successful, but I still cant link out of the e-mail cheers
Just as a matter of interest I searched another forum and came up with the answer. The problem was caused because internet explorer was no longer my default program. I had firefox on my computer but uninstalled it because of problems. I assumed that internet explorer would be my default but that is not the case, and as soon as I reset it my links in e-mails worked again cheers
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.