Links connecting my pages!

Dazzlestop 08:25 13 Nov 2006

Hi all,
Something has been driving me up the walls for the last while & now it's time to call for help from the pro's!

This is my site: click here

I have updated my pages,ie: new cards for indexpage, new arrival page, seasonal, birthday and contact us. When I go from index to any of them, my new page appears. But when I go from say 'contact us' to 'seasonal' and back and forth to the other 'tabs', all my old pages appear, even my old index!
What have I done wrong or am I overlooking?
Thanks for your help,
Dazzlestop

Dazzlestop 08:39 13 Nov 2006

sorry forgot to mention site's created in Dreamweaver 8. Original designer made templates for me to work from. I saved my pages as .htm files. When saving, I was asked 'update links' and I said 'yes'.

harristweed 08:54 13 Nov 2006

Your new pages are HTML your old pages are HTM so the backward links return to the old htm pages not the new html pages. The answer is to save your new pages as htm and then upload them, overwriting the old ones.

Dazzlestop 13:55 13 Nov 2006

Hi harristweed, thanks for your reply! Saved my pages as .htm and uploaded them, but still no luck? From Index Page I can go to updated wedding page but to no other page. Also I can go from Index Page to new arrival page but to no other. I linked christmas page to seasonal-tab in Index but that does not work either. Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

acsmanhtml12 07:48 14 Nov 2006

Also you have to make sure that you changed the file path to the new pages on every single page. If you need spaces in filenames (you rarely do) replace with _ underscores where the space should be.

acsmanhtml12 07:50 14 Nov 2006

Your alt attributes also need to be replaced on most pages. They are all "Weddings".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires