Link from Outlook Express to Web page

montrachet 08:30 08 Aug 2009

Hi
I am suddenly having a problem with opening links from an email to a web page. I receive The Telegraph each morning by email in Outlook Express. Normally when I click on an article it will open up the newspaper in its web page. This has suddenly stopped, does anybody have an idea as to how I might rectify this.
Also when I open Internet Explorer the launch ikon continues to flash orange until I click on it. It is not possible to write in the Explorer search bar until I have done this. Any ideas please.
Thanks in advance.
Montrachet.

johndrew 09:57 08 Aug 2009

For the second part of your question, I think it is the icon in the taskbar that you refer to as flashing orange. If this is the case it is because OE has opened but is not selected for some reason (anti-malware?). If you look at OE the frame colour is faded which means it isn`t selected; if you click on OE the frame colour will harden and the flashing will stop - clicking on the taskbar has the same effect.

For the first part of your question, it sounds as if something is blocking the page. Are you running an Add-on such as NoScript, a pop-up blocker or a setting that protects against infection? These may prevent the clicking of content.

VoG II 11:00 08 Aug 2009

This applies to Outlook Express and Outlook click here

montrachet 18:15 28 Aug 2009

johndrew
Hi I did respond to your response to my post the day after you posted, but failed to check that it had gone. As seems to happen sometimes it didn't and I have only just returned from holiday to look at it again. So apologies if you thought I hadn't replied.
In fact the email problem was resolved by going to tools,internet options, advanced and restoring the defaults.
The second item, I haven't found a solution for yet, but it isn't a problem and as you say could be to do with my security system. Norton 2009.

VoG. Thanks for your input the link is now restored.
Thanks again
montrachet

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone