Link Layer Topology Discovery Responder for XP 64

joeartis 23:40 07 Jul 2008

Anyone out there now how to install the LLTDR onto a 64 bit machine? Thanks for any help

Ashrich 00:00 08 Jul 2008

XP service pack 2 or 3 is required for a start , and I take it you have read this click here , what problems are you having ?

Ashley

joeartis 22:26 08 Jul 2008

Ashrich,

I've read the Microsoft page you indicated but the LLTDR will not load on my 64 bit XP machine. I get an error message: "This KB922120 is for a different hardware platform"

Ashrich 23:59 08 Jul 2008

Have you installed SP3 , if so you can uninstall it first , load LLTDR then reinstall SP3 , or there is a manual way to do it , click here , this forum thread seems to have solved it for some , although no one mentions XP 64 bit .

Ashley

joeartis 10:11 09 Jul 2008

Morning Ashrich,

Just tried the latter, manual install. It has installed and shows under Network properties. The Vista machine still isn't seeing the XP x64 or Home machines.

Joe

Ashrich 22:00 09 Jul 2008

Hi Joe ,
Have you got Network Discovery turned on , on the Vista machine ? Sorry if that is a daft question , but it is a bit hidden , is your firewall letting everything through ? Are all machines in the same workgroup ?( XP defaults to MSHOME , Vista to WORKGROUP )

Ashley

joeartis 17:11 10 Jul 2008

Ashrich,

Yes to all but the (Kaspersky) firewall question, found it was operating in stealth mode. Unticked tje box and all can see all now. Thank you for your help. Regards.

Joe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?