Link to browser not working

TN 12:26 21 Sep 2008

I am using Opera 9.52 as my browser and up until yesterday everything was 100%. This morning when I click on a link in an email the 'My Documents' file appears and I am not being directed to the web site on the browser. I am sure this is something simple and I have most likely clicked on something that has changed the linkage properties but have no idea what. Any help sincerely apprciated.

Technotiger 13:20 21 Sep 2008

Maybe a slight glitch in the registry.

Try a System Restore back to when all was ok, or - run something like click here

TN 13:40 21 Sep 2008

Many thnaks technotiger - have ran Registry Optimizer/Cleaner and also C Cleaner. Still the same result when tryionmg to use link. Have ran system restor to last Friday and unfortunately it is still not linking up to web site! Cannot understand why for the life of me as it was working perfectly yesterday so when I go back to a day previously it should work then!!

brundle 13:47 21 Sep 2008

Roll back your registry cleaner changes

TN 13:51 21 Sep 2008

I have just fixed it!!! I used 'Program access and defaults' and instead of default browser (which was the one ticked) I changed to 'Opera' - I cannot see whay this fixed it as Opera was my default browser. Unless I have a nasty somewhere that has tried to change the default browser. Must be one of life's little mysteries but many thanks to all who took time and effort to help me.

Technotiger 13:56 21 Sep 2008

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?