Lineone website

sneakerman 08:58 05 Jun 2006

Several years ago as a Lineone dialup customer I created a website which I would now like to remove as it is out of date and misleading. I am unable to log into the account despite having the correct logon details (must be too long since my last login). Has anyone any help on how to remove this website - Tiscali don't seem to be playing ball!

Thanks

Pamy 09:33 05 Jun 2006

sneakerman, perhaps the webdesign forum may be better place to get help from

Eric10 09:49 05 Jun 2006

To access your Lineone webspace you need to be connected to the Internet via a Tiscali account. Your post seems to indicate that you no longer use Tiscali as your ISP. If this is the case you could set up a Pay As You Go dialup account with Tiscali and try to access the webspace while connected through that using an FTP program and the original username and password.

sneakerman 10:06 05 Jun 2006

I do have another Lineone login that still does work, but accessing Lineone email with the website credentials produces an invalid logon error, how can I re-activate that logon - probably contacting Tiscali - is that correct?

Thanks

rodriguez 10:15 05 Jun 2006

If your account no longer works, they could have just deleted the site anyway. If you don't log in after a certain period of time or you get no visitors, a lot of web hosting companies just delete your account. You should have had an email though if your account was deleted.

Eric10 10:28 05 Jun 2006

Some time after Tiscali took over Lineone they moved the old websites to a new server and some of them exhibited problems after this. Yours may just be one of those. Another change they made was to use the full lineone email address as the username including the [email protected]' part. Look at this posting on the Tiscali forum to see if it throws any light on your problem click here.

sneakerman 18:21 06 Jun 2006

Thanks for that Eric10, I have managed to get logged on and delete all the files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone