Limited User Accounts/Default User

Mastermind 11:39 17 Mar 2004

I'm trying to set-up a PC for a friend with multiple user accounts. This isn't something I've done before. I've set up a series of Limited User accounts for her children, but have come across a couple of problems

I wanted to set up a custom Default User account and followed the instructions given in Microsoft Knowledgebase article 319974 click here;en-us;319974
This presented a problem since new user accounts, which adopt the new Default User profile, inherit the location of the copied account’s My Documents and Outlook profile, but don’t have permission to access them. This means that new users can’t use Outlook.

The second problem was with Norton AntiSpam, which adds a plug-in to Outlook. However, when a user opens Outlook for the first time, after a different user has been logged in previously, they are given the following error message:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: ...\OUTLOOK.EXE
abnormal program termination
The only Solution I have found has been to disable the plug-in and switch off AntiSpam. Symantec haven’t been able to suggest anything else and this seems like it a common problem.

Can anyone suggest any solutions to either of these?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?