Limited or no connectivity with Linksys

kuldain 02:53 10 Feb 2006

Okay, I made a mistake that I have no idea how to fix. Well, I had my linksys router set up and my computer upstairs was connected to the internet using the linksys wireless adapter and everything was working fine, the problem is that I had accidentally started a new network connection so now my adapter cannot access the internet. So now I am getting the message limited or no connectivity, and when I check my properties for my computer's wi-fi connection, I do not have a default gateway and my IP address is set to 169.254.x.x. I have tried the ipconfig /release to /renew and it will not work since I have no Local Area Connection. I am also running both computers on XP Home. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it very much.

mydaz 07:41 10 Feb 2006

Hi,

I have a Linksys wireless router working with a Nortel modem and this happens to me all the time when I change settings or do something with my configuration. However I just power down the modem and router wait a few seconds and power back up and it always comes back on line.

Hope this helps,

Mydaz

dms05 08:10 10 Feb 2006

To quote from a previous posting:

The Client PC should *normally* be set to get its IP address automatically, which it does by DHCP from the Host PC. While you can allocate fixed addresses, (a) ICS sometimes doesn't like this and (b) the Client's inability to get its IP address from the Host could indicate another issue, i.e. the two aren't communicating in the first place.

So I guess you've unchecked 'get DHCP automatically' and mydaz resetting his system reverts to that setting of 'auto DHCP'.

keewaa 09:17 10 Feb 2006

Have you removed the new network connection that you created. This should fix a corrupted TCP/IP stack (may require firewall / AV to be re-installed but you won't find out until after)

keewaa 09:17 10 Feb 2006
  pipedream 17:58 10 Feb 2006

If you're on XP a System Restore may fix this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?