limited or no connectivity on laptop

frankie 17:30 15 Dec 2006

limited or no connectivity on laptop,trying to get my wireless laptop to connect to home pc can someone run me through it please both xp,on my laptop i,m getting that message...thanks for looking

woodchip 17:59 15 Dec 2006

AS it worked before?

Pidder 18:17 15 Dec 2006

Have you tried right-clicking the icon in the system tray and using "repair"?

frankie 19:09 15 Dec 2006

pidder tried repair no joy cheers..woodchip worked fine on my pc when at home....now in japan trying to get it going on daughters pc who is on net and indeed her laptop to pc connection works but am unable to connect mine to hers,

woodchip 23:03 15 Dec 2006

You need to enter the USER and Password etc into your Laptop Wireless software, Double Click the Network Icon or software Icon in the System tray or right click and Properties. You need the SSID from the Router and the above info to enter into yours

frankie 19:59 16 Dec 2006

thanks will try that and get back to you

dms05 21:23 16 Dec 2006

Are trying to connect to a PC or to a Router? If you are trying to connect to a Router you will need to select Infra-Structure mode. If you are trying to connect to the PC you need Ad-Hoc mode (and only two computers can connect this way at any time).

Are the DHCP settings OK in Japan (I assume you have your UK one's still set).

Finally the range of Channels in Japan is different to the UK (I think they have less so stick to a channel below 10).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?