limited or no connectivity aol?

didka 11:52 19 Nov 2006

Hello,As a new member of the site i would apreiate any help offered.
I can find my way around my pc but dont have to much pc skills.
my computer is a new hp compaq nx6325 and i am trying to connect to a netgear wire less router54 mbps dg834g.
i can only get online when i connect with the patch lead from laptop to router.
if i unpug i get the limited or no connectivity sign, and the message This problem occured becauce the netork did not assign a network address to the computer.
please help as this is driving me crazy!
STEVE.

Pamy 11:55 19 Nov 2006

Hi Steve, try right clicking on the message limited or no connectivty sign then click on repair. Post back.

didka 12:05 19 Nov 2006

Pammy, yes i tried that a few times and it surgested contacting service provider

didka 12:10 19 Nov 2006

windows could not finish the repair becauce the following action cannot be completed.
Renewing your ip address?
steve

Pamy 12:19 19 Nov 2006

Other than doing what it suggested I will have to leave it to others more experienced than I to advise you,

Taff™ 12:40 19 Nov 2006

Turn Off Your Computer and then unplug the router for five minutes. Plug in the router first and wait for the appropriate LED`s to light up. Now power up your computer and you should get connected. Incidentally make sure the cable is not connected.

didka 13:03 19 Nov 2006

no same as before, limited or no connectivity

goonerbill © ® 13:26 19 Nov 2006

hi didka. i take it you are trying to connect to the router wirelessly and not with a cable. do you have a wireless adapter fitted to the laptop?? or inbuilt into it?? centrino laptop or similar.

you should have received a disk with the model from aol which will have the installation software on it to assist in setting up, if not go here click here and scroll down a bit to your modem/router and download the package.

jameski 13:53 19 Nov 2006

Hi

Subject to everything being plugged in and the lights working on the router, power, ADSL link and a local light (this will be a numner on the router) are all on, open internet explorer and type click here in the address field, this will open the set up wizard, from there everything should be automated. If this fails Netgear support UK number is 0870 112 1206

Jamadaal

skidzy 14:08 19 Nov 2006
  Taff™ 14:16 19 Nov 2006

There may also be other wireless routers within range transmitting on the same channel. Suggest you change the channel up or down three channels and see if this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone