'Limited or No Connectivity

Edward-207256 15:29 30 Jun 2006

My laptop was running slow, so i decided to have a total reinstall of windows xp professional. I wasn't familiar with the process, so i sent it to a family friend who is a bit of an expert. A few days later the laptop returned, and all was in working order. Then, i tried to connect to my wireless network at my house. I input the WEP code after the network had been detected, and it connected, but was saying 'Limited or No Connectivity'. I have a belkin wireless router, but i have a feeling that the router isn't the problem.

I double clicked the message and a box popped up, and a button said 'Repair'. I tried to repair the connection, and it was going through the various stages, and it came to 'Renewing your I.P. address.' It struggled with this for a while, and then failed, giving the message:

Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action could not be completed: Renewing your I.P. address.
For assistance, contact the person who manages your network.

Well, i contacted my dad, and the internet was working fine on his desktop, and the internet was fine on my sister's laptop.

So, i turn to PC Advisor, as a last resort. Have any of you encountered this problem? If so, is there an easy solution? Please reply soon,

Thanks in Advance,

~Eagle

ade.h 17:10 30 Jun 2006

Duplicated click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone