limited account won't connect to broadband

trunkroad 13:26 27 Nov 2005

I have tiscali broadband which works very well. However, although my daughter's limited account is able to go on-line once I have logged on, connected, then switched users, she is unable to connect directley. (error 718).Any help would be much appreciated.

Klof Ron 14:41 27 Nov 2005

From the Tisacle website

Error 718/721 PPP Error
This problem tends to occur due to failure of the modem synchronising with the local exchange

Recheck connection settings, as this error can be caused by dialling an incorrect number

Restart your PC and attempt to reconnect as this can sometimes be caused by a synchronisation problem

Recreate the Dial-up Connection

Test the line connectivity by dialling the Internet Dial-Up number directly from your phone handset

If this problem has been ongoing for a long period an upgrade or repair of the modem drivers is required in case the modem drivers have corrupted

hope it helps.

trunkroad 16:57 27 Nov 2005

Thanks for the suggestion but,I can connect straight away using the admin account, (mine) and the connection holds while we log my daughter's limited account on. However, she cannot connect direct from her limited account.I hope this makes things a bit clearer.Rod.

Number 7 17:07 27 Nov 2005

Does this help? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache