Limewire wont download

lonemascot 17:04 13 Dec 2006

i have been using limewire and it used to wok fine on a system installed with norton systemworks 2006. i cant download anything anymore.

im wondering if it has something to do with my BT network hub i installed the other day.

any ideas?

Aargh 17:28 13 Dec 2006

Perhaps the Feds have identified you as a copyright pirate and have nuked you!!!!

p;3 17:49 13 Dec 2006

I stand to be corrected, but limewire is a program that helps with illegal operations ? and if so one should not be using it

Kate B 18:26 13 Dec 2006

Limewire itself isn't illegal.

lonemascot, it's possible that your ISP blocks the port it uses. I suggest a bit of Googling to find out which port that is and then a dig around your ISP's small print.

p;3 18:34 13 Dec 2006

does this not come under "cracks or copyright infringement" in the forum rules?

tullie 18:40 13 Dec 2006

No,limwire is a legit programme

woodchip 18:46 13 Dec 2006

Best thingyoucan do with that, is leave it where it is. It will give you problems with your Comp

rsinbad 18:57 13 Dec 2006

Please don't make assumptions that a perfectly legal program will be used for illegal downloads, and as for infringement and copywrite forum rules these are available from pca downloads click here The original post made no mention of downloading copywrite material.

rodriguez 19:26 13 Dec 2006

Does LimeWire actually connect (green signal bars), or does it stay with 5 red signal bars in the bottom corner forever? You might need to disable the firewall in your hub. Also click here for instructions on how to configure the ports in the hub for use with LimeWire.

lonemascot 12:28 15 Dec 2006

oh i feel hurt, deep to the bone that some of you guys think i would infringe on copyright laws.

well, i just reset my router and turned the computer off and started again and now it works just fine.

just a thought for some of you for future posts, if you are not going to even attempt to answer the question, perhaps it would be better if you didn't write anything at all. the rest of us dont want to have our posts hijacked with opinions about subjects that are not even relevant to the original question.

as for the rest of you helpful people, thank you very much. pcadvisor.co.uk is still the best place, in my opinion, for expert knowledge about everything PC techy. keep up the good work.

p;3 14:04 15 Dec 2006

when anyone asks for advise or guidance on here they may get a response they were not expecting or anticipating and sometimes questioned about their intent with the use of a program;

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?