Limeware Pro

heavymetalkid 12:26 07 Jan 2006

I've got a Limeware Pro CD Rom file sharing program and I've installed it on my machine. It seems great,thousands of tracks available for download. However,bearing the dreaded Kazaa in mind,has anyone had any experience, good or bad with it?

GuZ><0r 12:29 07 Jan 2006

It is illegal, don't

mattyc_92 12:39 07 Jan 2006

You are breaking forum rules.

It is illegal to download music from P2P sites (or downloading music in general without permission from the copyright holders)

GuZ><0r 12:46 07 Jan 2006

If you want to download music, use iTunes, or something like that, where you have to pay and are not breaking the law. :) (It is also illegal to download software, and movies etc etc from p2p sites)

rsinbad 12:58 07 Jan 2006

type limewire in the search forums for other threads on this issue

mark2 13:03 07 Jan 2006

apparently comes with adware / spyware included
click here

ACOLYTE 13:07 07 Jan 2006

Hmm,i may be treading a thin line but he only wanted to know users experiences with limewire,he didnt ask for help in downloading anything,just about the Limewire app,and i dont think having this app on your pc is illegal,so i dont see the point in throwing tantroms and lecturing him/her about the ethics of copyrighted material.

Ikelos 13:13 07 Jan 2006

i agree with ACOLYTE 100%...

let him who is without sin, and all that rubbish..

GuZ><0r 13:23 07 Jan 2006

OK, I am sorry. Just to say my brother once had limewire pro and his computer was ok, but it was sometime ago. So I don't really know what the latesst versions are like. (btw I told my brother to get rid of it, I did not agree)

heavymetalkid 13:25 07 Jan 2006

Thanks so far (and it's him)this a tricky one and it'll run for ever. I paid for the CD and it's mine to do what I want with etc, Sony want to prosecute yet they are one of the biggest manufacturers of blanks etc etc. Copying is a great temptation and I'm afraid I'm not strong enough to resist at times. Then I go into HMV or Virgin and see albums at £17.00 which I find hard to understand when they seem to own half the planet.That's their greed and perhaps I'm just as bad.I respect all the responses so far, please don't stop and I'm virus free (so far)

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:38 07 Jan 2006

'I go into HMV or Virgin and see albums at £17.00'....you can get them for half thst price from Tesco and many online selers, so there is litle to complain about.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?