lime wire crap

bobbybluenose 21:33 01 Apr 2008

hi, my kids will insist on using lime wire but every time they use it the pc runs like a snail, i am fed up of defragging scanning deleting cleaning up the mess this program causes ,do you know of a good free music site where they can download music so i dont have to sit here cleaning this mess up,i have tried a few searches myself to no avail

wotbus@ 21:42 01 Apr 2008

Blinkin kids - I'm glad I was never one arf arf

dogbreath1 21:42 01 Apr 2008

First off, there are no free excellent music download sites which will satisfy the hunger of your kids.

Then, there's nothing at all wrong with Limewire in terms of it messing up your PC. Provided you have a good antivirus, antimalware and firewall, you'll be OK. It's what you download with Limewire that may be a problem and not Limewire itself...provided that Limewire was sourced at a clean site such as click here.

skidzy 21:44 01 Apr 2008

chances are if the kids are downloading music using Limewire...its illegal.

My advice,is to remove Limewire...permantly !! its a haven for nasties as im guessing the music is coming from other computer users.

ambra4 21:45 01 Apr 2008

Try this one which I use FrostWire 4.13.5 I don't ever use Limewire as you also download all kind of virus

click here

dogbreath1 21:53 01 Apr 2008

ambra4 is talking through his/her backside.

Don't take my word for it. Download Limewire from the site I linked to and, before you install it, upload it to the following sites to have the .exe file checked out.

Jotti's click here

Virus Total click here

These sites check out uploaded files using a whole host of AV engines.

bobbybluenose 22:27 01 Apr 2008

thanks all for your addvice i will try all your links

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?