Lightworks to Bluescreen of Death

jhelme 03:19 24 Jul 2014

About two weeks ago I downloaded Lightworks from this link (click here I was using if for about 15 minutes when all of a sudden my computer began to freeze which ultimately lead to the blue screen. From this point onward I was unable to start the computer. It kept restarting and telling me there was a boot drive error, it also said this at the blue screen "SYSTEMTHREADEXCEPTIONNOTHANDLED.

So what I did was tell the computer to boot in safe mode. When I did that the computer started to update and restart and then update and restart again. After the last update the computer loaded up normally (so it was not in safe mode.)

For the past week I have been using the computer fine, but occasionally I will be doing something when all of a sudden everything begins to freeze and take a long time to execute a command. This seems to happen when I am installing an update.

For example steam needs to update but near the end of the process all my open applications will begin to freeze (including steam) and the computer will become very slow. So i have to turn it off manually. When I turn it back on it takes awhile but when it is all done the computer is acting great. (Also I can't do a system restore to a previous date prior to lightworks).

Info on computer:

Lenovo y510P Windows 8.1 64-bit i7-4700MQ processor 8 GB RAM

It is reletevly new so I am thinking about wiping the computer but I would really like to avoid that.

jhelme 03:32 24 Jul 2014

update: I was trying to look up my graphics card info by going, control panel-system and security - system - device manager. But when I clicked device manager the even happened. The device manger froze (never fully opened), chrome stopped working (couldnt open new tabs), and my word document told me it was not responding.

Thankfully after waiting a few minutes windows told me the device was not working and if I wanted end the process so after saying yes and waiting a few more minutes the device manager box closed and everything was good again.

Also to add. When the computer is in one of these fits ctrl-alt-delete doesn't work too.

Is this a driver issue?

Thanks!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:42 24 Jul 2014

would think more of a corrupt system file.

try typing

sfc /scannow

in the search box and let windows scan for and replace missing or corrupt windows system files, could take awhile to complete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?