Lightscribe software,help please

iqs 15:13 24 May 2008

Hi,I will be buying a lightscribe DVDRW on Tuesday,I was wondering what free software I will need to burn the labels for the disc's,and any advice.
Any forum members out there using lightscribe technology please.

Cheers

g0nvs 15:50 24 May 2008

All you need is here & free.
click here

Technotiger 16:09 24 May 2008

g0nvs is absolutely correct - great software and loads of free templates, covering lots of different subjects. I burnt my first Lightscribe CD last week, just followed on-screen prompts, no problem - took about 18 mins to make the label-burn.

iqs 16:40 24 May 2008

and thank you both for the help.Will I have to enable the Lightscribe option in my services first.I disabled it because it was not required?.
Cheers

Technotiger 16:52 24 May 2008

I don't remember whether I did or not - it won't hurt I guess either way, the hardware/software will surely guide you.

iqs 16:55 24 May 2008

Technotiger

conrail 16:52 29 Dec 2008

thanks for above, just got a new pc with lightscribe that said burn - turn - burn, so wondered what this was, thanks to this and other posts now know

Technotiger 16:59 29 Dec 2008

Burn-turn-Burn simply means burn your data in the normal way, as with any DVD/CD, then turn the disc over to burn the label!

conrail 21:30 29 Dec 2008

thanks Technotiger, learned something new today, I appreciate your reply

MarvintheAndroid 00:44 30 Dec 2008

Here's a tip - if you take out your disk and the label side is not dark enough, you can pop it back in and burn the label again. The CD / DVD knows which way round it is and will line up exactly.

Marv

MarvintheAndroid 00:45 30 Dec 2008

Here's a tip - if you take out your disk and the label side is not dark enough, you can pop it back in and burn the label again. The CD / DVD knows which way round it is and will line up exactly.

Marv

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone