Lightscribe DVDRW which media to buy?

Dancingbrave 14:50 20 Sep 2006

My pc came with lightscribe dvdrw drive,i do not need to burn lables on to disc so can you tell me which type of discs are suitable.

skidzy 14:52 20 Sep 2006

Some drives can be fussy on what media performs best.Datawrite,Tevion, and brand names like Sony etc seem to work best for me.

Stuartli 14:57 20 Sep 2006

If you buy Imation or Infiniti media it's normally rebadged Taiyo Yuden products; the best media manufacturer in the world - probably.

Never, ever had a coaster with either brand over several years with two TDK rewriters I've owned.

Dancingbrave 16:55 20 Sep 2006

So any brand should work,i was thinking at first lightscribe had to use specific lightscribe discs so this obviously is not true.

wjrt 18:14 20 Sep 2006

click here

looks like you may have to use specific lightscribe media

Curio 18:25 20 Sep 2006

I can confirm you need Lightscribe disks. I use HP Lightscribe disks from click here Depending on how many you buy, the postage is more than the disks, but you do get prompt delivery

feb 18:37 20 Sep 2006

If you do not wish to burn a Lightscribe label on your disc, then you can use any any brand!

Stuartli 19:24 20 Sep 2006

As feb rightly points out you burn an ordinary CD-R disk normally - if you wish to use Lightscribe to burn a label you turn the (Lightscribe) disk over after burning the data...:-)

Dancingbrave 19:41 20 Sep 2006

The link is for cd-r discs but what about dvdrw + and - discs can they be any brand.

Curio 19:56 20 Sep 2006

There are DVD Lightscribe disks available - Check out Google for info. They can be any brand but must be Lightscribe compatible if you wish to Create the Title on the Non playing side of the disk. One downside of this system is that it can take a fair old time to complete the title - you are looking at 30-45 mins or more for a fairly full disk surface title.

Dancingbrave 20:21 20 Sep 2006

Still a bit confused,if i only want to burn data or video but do not want to burn lables then can i use media other than lightscribe discs or as well as.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?