Lights up but won't POST

i.tech 21:41 20 Aug 2010

I have a Samsung NC10 netbook which, when I press the power button, all the lights come on but the screen remains blank, it doesn't sound like the fan is spinning an if I try it with the RAM removed there are no beeps suggesting to me that despite the lights it's not actually powering on- any ideas?

Nontek 22:02 20 Aug 2010

Faulty PSU or Power connection. Lights need very little power to work.

woodchip 22:06 20 Aug 2010

I have the same Netbook by the side of me, Try removing the battery and just run on mains

woodchip 22:11 20 Aug 2010

Cannot see a plate to take the Hard Drive out, as that is what I would suggest next and see if it would go to BIOS. AS a bad drive can stop it starting up

woodchip 22:12 20 Aug 2010

Check Hear click here

i.tech 22:34 20 Aug 2010

Thanks for the response all- tried removing the battery but no change- tried it without the hard drive too. Noticed the last time I tried to power it up the light on the power button flickered then went out so is looking like a power issue.

i.tech 22:35 20 Aug 2010

Thanks for the response all- tried removing the battery but no change- tried it without the hard drive too. Noticed the last time I tried to power it up the light on the power button flickered then went out so is looking like a power issue.

woodchip 22:38 20 Aug 2010

Mains adapter may be gone check volts coming out of it with a voltmeter. It would then flaten the battery

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone