Lidl Computer

woodchip 22:34 30 Mar 2007

This is on offer for those wanting a PC
click here
Targa
Family PC

* AMD Athlon 64 3500+
* 320GB SATA hard drive with 7200rpm
* nVIDIA graphic machine nForce 6100 (128MB shared memory)
* RAM: 1,024MB DDRII memory
* Superfast DVD burner, writes DVD ±R/RW, dual layer +R, CD-R/RW, reads 16x DVD-Rom, 40x CD-Rom
* Corded keyboard and mouse
* 6 in 1 card reader
* Huge OEM software package with the latest Microsoft Vista™ Basic Home Edition
* Supplied with mains adaptor, modem adaptor and cable, EasyInstall CD, instructions and more
* Free 2 year manufacturer's warranty
* Price per item

delta36 22:41 30 Mar 2007

Okay, I've nothing against Lidl, but I've got to recommend buying a computer from Lidl. Sure they're cheap, but what about after sales service? What about upgrading later? Most importantly, what about tech support? If you have a problem, good luck getting help from your local Lidl store.

delta36 22:42 30 Mar 2007

Do'h. That should have said "recommend against buying a computer from Lidl"

woodchip 22:58 30 Mar 2007

Note

Free 2 year manufacturer's warranty, Like Medion at Aldi

mammak 23:06 30 Mar 2007

Looks really good specs but put in my local post code and alas page not found this late only got access to lappie,

but whats the price? going to our local Lidl for our weekly bits and bobs Monday so would really a like a look, and better still get the old man to stock his wallet up :-)

moorie- 23:11 30 Mar 2007

its £399 excl monitor

bukkaz 23:23 30 Mar 2007

Is not as impressive specs as the recent Medion one at Aldi. Being concerned about after sales service seems a bit strange seeing some of the horror stories you hear about some dedicated computer shops. I don't think you will find many who regretted buying their Medion computer at a supermarket. Everyone I know has been delighted with support from Medion if needed, not that many have needed too much as the computers have worked extremely well.

mammak 23:45 30 Mar 2007

Sounds good whats the OS?

bukkaz got a very low spec Medion just for surfing nothing more from our local Woolworth's about a year ago excellent little machine never had a minute problem with it never needed any After Sales to date whats that? :-)

moorie- 23:51 30 Mar 2007

ill try this link see if it works,the /os is vista basic
click here

Belatucadrus 00:07 31 Mar 2007

Our branches of Lidl rarely have anything worth looking at when the specials turn up, we just seem to get the dog ends. Aldi on the other hand usually carry the bulk of the stuff listed in the circulars.

kdt 08:27 31 Mar 2007

daughter bought hp presario in january £400 without monitor now it is £549....though xp media centre edition but higher spec than targa from lidl

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone