Libre office will not open

highside 11:03 14 Jun 2014

Can anyone help urgently please with Libre Office?

I have a number of text docs created with this and this morning none of them will open. All was well yesterday and no changes have been made to anything overnight. When I try to open a Libre Office file it does not open but the selected file appears at the bottom taskbar and the file details can be seen down there in a smaller form of the non open doc.

I am unable to contact Libre Office help because stupidly my contact details are in a Libre Office document. Windows 8.1 64 bit

Thanks

SparkyJack 11:22 14 Jun 2014

If you have worked Libre correctly the dox should Bevin ,'my documents' Check this is so,if not search and get them there.

Libre opens either to the main all componencrewts selector or direct to the WP,how is it for you? Look in programs see what's there If the push comes to a shove , simply download and install from scratch.

Jollyjohn 13:50 14 Jun 2014

If you right click on one of the icons in the taskbar and select Maximise or Restore, does that do anything?

Check documents are in My Documents, if so , I agree with SparkyJack, try a re install.

BT 07:57 15 Jun 2014

I agree with SparkyJack, try a re install.

The latest version 4.2.4.2 seems to load and run much quicker than previous versions so worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?