lg5020

chippy+ 22:07 31 Dec 2008

lg5020

hi I have posted this subject in the digital world forum but so far no replies i have spent a lot of time on the net spoke to richer sounds and lg support and cnnnot get it resolved could anyone help please. (I have got a 32in lg5020 lcd tv i have it tuned to a virgin cable box and have all virgin programs including the usual 1-5 bbc1-2 itv 3-4-5 the problem is it won't pick up the internal freeview can anyone help me to set this up thanks chippy

MCE2K5 22:31 31 Dec 2008

Have answered in your Duplicate Post click here

Manual click here if you don't have one.

alB 22:33 31 Dec 2008

Do you have your set connected to a terrestrial aerial as well as your Virgin cable box, if you do, try unplugging the Virgin box and let the TV retune itself ...alB

chippy+ 23:05 31 Dec 2008

Hi MCE2K5 and alB
thanks for the reply
1) no i dont have a terrestrail aerial
2)i had the virgin box plugged in when i tuned the tv it tuned in ch 1.2.3.4.5.6 cable and virgen chs but no freeview ch it dosen't seem to find the preview chs
3)have tried the tv/da but no response i am using the virgin remote on chanel 6 at the moment which gives me 1.2.3.4.5.6 cable but no freeview thanks chippy

MCE2K5 23:32 31 Dec 2008

"1) no i dont have a terrestrail aerial":

You need an External Aeriel to pick up Standard TV Channels & Freeview Channels.

alB 11:06 01 Jan 2009

As MCE2K5 has stated you do need a terrestrial aerial for freeview, I think the channels you have at the moment are stored in your Virgin box, hence the reason you are using channel 6 and the Virgin remote to change channels, how is your Virgin box connected to the TV at the moment ...alB

chippy+ 13:48 01 Jan 2009

hi alB
my virgin box is connected through a scart and the arial in the back of the tv i have removed the arial and replaced it with a tempory internal arial and can now get freeview through options on the remote and the virgin cable through av1 on the remote thanks Chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?