LG LCD 32-LZ-55 TV - No HDMI port for PS3

PV1 17:14 29 Dec 2007

Hi, i'm a newbie but have been told by a friend that this forum can usually answer most technical questions.

I have had the above LG TV for approximately two years. LG have confirmed to me this morning that the TV is HD ready, but there is no HDMI port on the back.

My son has received a Playstation 3 for Christmas and in order to get High Definition playback (and for the Blu-Ray DVD?) you need to connect it up with a HDMI cable.

Is there an adaptor that I can use to get a High Def feed into my TV or will my TV not support this?

It has an RVG(?) port on the back and two SCART sockets.

Sorry for my obvious lack of knowledge, but would be grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

bremner 17:20 29 Dec 2007

I believe that both the PS3 and the LG have a component connection which will deliver the HD signal click here

You will have to use the s video sockets as suggested by bremner. You can download a user guide for the TV from this site :-

click here

retep888 18:25 29 Dec 2007

click here For Sony PS3 component cable.

click here For HDMI to DVI adapter

retep888 18:43 29 Dec 2007

The standard PS3 package does not come with a HDMI cable,at least when I got it few months ago.

PV1 18:44 29 Dec 2007

Thanks for all your help. Managed to dash out and get the required lead from Comet this afternoon.

My Son and I are now enjoying Hi-Def gaming. Many thanks for your quick responses.

PV1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?