LG external DVD Writer problem

Jlen 10:03 17 Jan 2007

Using DVD Shrink I copied 2 films from DVD writer to my hard drive, when burning these films to DVD using Nero it is getting btw 2%/4% complete and the writer 'dies' no error message...nothing DVD writer dead and will not eject.I have to close down to retrieve dvd from drive which is obviously unusable,all other features of the writer are working ie DV/CD player and vhs to dvd(feature of this model)This has just started happening.The 2 DVD's in question were Reg 1 has this done anything when copying to hard drive with shrink?? Tried a couple of films on my hard drive that I had not burnt,same problem stuck at 2%/4% completion.If all else fails the DVD Writer is still under guarantee

Any advice appreciated

Rtus 13:17 17 Jan 2007

look to see what else is running in the background ,screensavers/utilities all can hog resourses ,Start > run > msconfig to close down anything not needed use windows startup list ,post link in a moment to check what you have in your list compare & turn off any you dont want

Rtus 13:24 17 Jan 2007
  Rtus 13:26 17 Jan 2007

when your in msconfig choose Selective startup on the general screen , then choose startup tab >look at list & type any of the list intop castlecops search bar .

Jlen 10:23 21 Jan 2007

Thanks guys for yr input resolved the problem by latest Nero update......I never thought of the obvious :O)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?