LG 16X Multi DVD/CD Rewriter - Noise emitting ...

Solartopi 22:02 18 Feb 2007

Hi Folks,

When I put a DVD or Cd into this drive it starts giving out a loud noise & continues without anything happening. What is going on?

Please Help!

Solartopi

BRYNIT 22:19 18 Feb 2007

If this s with all disk I would suggest phoning LG click here they are usually very helpful and would be able to tell you if it is a problem with the drive.

LG optical drives have a 24 Month warranty and they will exchange the unit if faulty. If it is within the first 12 Months the may suggest returning it to your supplier.

LastChip 22:22 18 Feb 2007

it's throw it away time and get a new one.

Can't be certain of course, but it sounds like you have a drive belt or spindle fault and frankly, drives are so cheap now, it's not worth messing around with.

Sorry, it's unlikely to be good news!

Solartopi 23:03 18 Feb 2007

BRYNIT, LastChip

Thanks for the reply. I will contact LG, see what luck.

May be you're right LastChip, will try BRYNIT's sugestion first. See what happens.

Solartopi

Solartopi 18:15 02 Mar 2007

Hi All,

Yes, LG are quite good & helpful. I have returned the LG Rewriter to them. PC World only gives a ONE YEAR Warranty even though the Gaurantee Card says it's a Two year Warranty. They even said that they will return the postage charge for the return, if I have the Proof Of Posting. Now I have to wait and see when I get a replacement.

Thanks ALL

Solartopi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?