Lexmark X75 All in one

jim63 19:33 04 Sep 2007

Unable to set up X75 on Laptop which has Vista Premium and X75 is XP. Contacted Lexmark and told they have no plans for Vista driver for this.
I replied saying does this mean my X75 is obsolete.
Waiting for reply

jack 19:47 04 Sep 2007

Try this.
Plug in printer.
go to Printer and Faxes and select install new printer.
When disk or select from list comes up
Take 'Select from list'
Select Lexmark from list of makes
Select the X75 from model list.
Go for it and good luck.

Totally-braindead 19:58 04 Sep 2007

I believe there are some workarounds for this. It doesn't work in all cases but some devices can be run using win XP drivers. I assume its similar to the compatability mode in XP. Suggest you look in the Vista Forum and if you find nothing there start a thread in there asking about it.
Its a similar situation I had when I moved to XP. My scanner manufacturer did the same, no XP drivers but I did manage to get it working under win 2000 drivers. Needless to say when I needed a new scanner theres was the one make I didn't bother with.
If they can't be bothered supporting you who has spent money on their products then do what I did. Don't buy from them again.

skidzy 21:24 04 Sep 2007

The x75 driver has not been updated for a few years now.So very unlikely there will be a Vista driver,however if your willing to try a driver from the 1100 series,you may just get the printer to print.click here

skidzy 21:24 04 Sep 2007

The x75 driver has not been updated for a few years now.So very unlikely there will be a Vista driver,however if your willing to try a driver from the 1100 series,you may just get the printer to print.click here

woodchip 21:39 04 Sep 2007

Yes it is, I tried to setup a Lexmark on Vista and gave up on it after trying different drivers. Not my comp, He now as a Cannon running on it. You are seeing Vista at it's best

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?