LEXMARK X75

SIXTYONE 20:43 19 Feb 2005

When I go to the trouble shooting part I get this message: ""The lexmark Solution Centre could not be started because the necessary files are missing or damaged. Reinstall the printer software to testore the needed files.""
I have done this but to no avail.
I have a new Pc but installed the Lexmark X75 then.

hugh-265156 00:45 20 Feb 2005

What exactly is the lexmark solution centre please? My quick google has me thinking its something to do with lexmark help or similar.

When do you get this error?

SIXTYONE 09:58 20 Feb 2005

Hello Huggy. It is the trouble shooting place.
I wanted to clean the nozzles but kept getting that message. I have XP. Would it help to uninstall printer and reinstall again.

MichelleC 10:12 20 Feb 2005

When reinstalling a Lexmark every single file has to be uninstalled (sometimes even the Lexmark folder in registry), then rebooted, then reinstalled.

Wak 10:16 20 Feb 2005

Hi, I have a Lexmark X75 and can confirm that is is suitable for Win 98/ ME/ 2000 and XP so it should install OK.

Looking in the User's guide on Page 20 it says:-
Your Software may not have been installed properly. Try the following:-

1. for Win XP click Start/ Control Panel/ Performance and Maintenance.

2. Double click the System icon.

3. Click the Hardware tab and then click the Device Manager button.

4. Look for Other Devices category. If there are any Lexmark devices found here, Highlight them and press the DELETE key.

Note: the Other Devices category appears only when unknown devices are present. You should not delete any Lexmark items unless they are present under the Other Devices category.

5. Insert the CD and install the software again.
Do not re-start your computer.

I hope this is of some help to you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie