Lexmark X73 scan problems

Kefty 17:23 22 Feb 2005

Hi
My x73 printer will not scan. "Scanner cnnot be enabled" when acquiring source then preview in the viewing booth. I can still print which is strange. I have tried reinstalling the latest drivers from lexmark but to no avail.

Help Me?!?!

KEFTY

Diodorus Siculus 18:31 22 Feb 2005

a - has it ever scanned?

b - does it have any buttons on it which begin the scanning process? My scanner often needs manual intervention.

Wak 19:20 22 Feb 2005

Has the Graphic program which you will be using with the scanner got the Acquire facility??
Go to your graphic prog. and look under FILE/ACQUIRE. Does this take you to the scanner page??
Have you also added the graphic program to the list of possible usable programs??
On the Scanning page of the Lexmark click the Advanced Scan Settings/ Scan tab and click the EDIT button at the bottom.
My apologies if you have already done the above.

Kefty 10:03 24 Feb 2005

Yes I have tried all of the above, and I cannot acquire as the scanner does not work. It used to work fine...

Diodorus Siculus 10:15 24 Feb 2005

Does the light ever come on on the scanner?

Kefty 10:33 24 Feb 2005

Yes. All lights work. The printer prints fine but wont even try and scan. In the viewing booth I try and preview the bed of scanner but the messgae "Scanner cannot be enabled" appears. When pressing the scanner button on printer it works fine but now I cannoy acquire picture manually.

Diodorus Siculus 10:50 24 Feb 2005

What OS are you using? If you have Win98

start

run

msconfig

under the startup tab, see if you have anything disabled relating to the scanner.

huzzar 13:30 24 Feb 2005

I had a similar problem with an X73 which I received through parcel post. I think it had had a jolt and the scanner piece that moves under the glass was not exactly in the start position bya few mm's. I resolved this by tilting the machine and giving it a sharp thump which knocked it back in the start position. I'm not saying this is what your problem is but if it has been moved lately it could be.

p.s. please be careful if you decide to give it thump as I cannot be held responsible for any permanent damage to your machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?