Lexmark X6170 & Phone Problems

thedaddy 18:51 04 Jan 2004

Hi

Hope this is the right place to post.

I have just had to replace my Samsung SCX 1150 all in one printer fax etc with a new one, so i bought this new Lexmark.

I have set it up exactly as per instructions (and same as the Samsung) but the phone does not work.

I have broadband so i have a splitter box from the phone socket. Into this is plugged the fax machine and modem. The fax has a line in for phone line connection, and also an ext for the telephone itself. When i tried the telephone i had a constant dialling tone, and as i pressed numbers it did not register (this worked fine on my samsung, could make and receive calls). Lexmark suggested i changed my phone. I have tried another phone and i can now dial local numbers (ie no code or prefix) but nothing with an area code, nor any 0845/0870 or mobile numbers. Phone is touch tone (should be compatible).

As the set up worked fine with my previous printer only the same day i have ruled out problems with my tel line and the phone itself. I think it must be the printer/fax machine or the settings for it. Lexmark have been as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike. Please can anyone help? I really like the printer, but if the fax/phone dont work i will need to exchange it quickly as i need it for work.

I have opened the fax utility thing that it installs on your pc, there is nothing in the dialling prefix box. It is definitely set up correctly. I cant believe i am the only one to have had this probelm but Lexmark seem to think i have escaped an institution when i explain it to them. Please could someone solve this before i do end up in an institution!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?