Lexmark x4850 wireless printer - setup problem.

Oli_q 14:07 25 Sep 2009

Hi,

Having a slight problem with my wireless printer. firstly, here's my setup...

2x windows xp desktops (one wireless + one wired to router)

1x Vista laptop (wireless)

1x Huawei echolife hg520b Router.

1x lexmark x4850 wireless printer.

I have managed to install the software and setup the vista laptop so it can print wirelessly. I then Did the same on the wireless desktop computer which also worked. But when i try on my wired desktop, it can't seem to find the network. It searches for local networks but fails everytime on installation. I even try doing it manually by entering the printers IP address but still it fails to go on with the installation.

Can I actually access my wireless printer through my wired desktop (It is connected to the mentioned router which sends the wireless signals to all other comps)?

ajm 21:19 25 Sep 2009

Try disabling the firewall, if any, during this installation. It should then pick it up, Restart the firewall once the installation is complete

Oli_q 23:31 25 Sep 2009

Thank you for replying.

Your advice was spot on. I disabled my firewall (Sunbelt personal) and the installation went smoothly, and printed the test sheet fine. Although when i enable my firewall, it obviously blocks the connection again. How do I configure my firewall to allow my desktop to communicate with the printer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?