Lexmark X2350 printer problem

bluto1 09:40 12 Aug 2007

Yesterday I installed Inksaver 2.0, no problem there, it even printed the sample page. I then replaced the old ink cartridge with new Lexmark cartridge and printed the required alignment page. That was the end of printing. The printer just stopped. I uninstalled Inksaver 2.0 followed by uninstalling the printer and then reinstalled the printer. An alignment page printed ok and was scanned ok but it still wouldn't print anything else.
I went into Control>printers etc and clicked on the lexmark icon then clicked on printer and checked for default setting and that was ok. I'm at a loss now especially having read the article 'Printing Problems' in the current PCA Mag and tried 'fixyourownprinter.com' only to be told there are no fixes for my model.
Can anyone help please before I pull the rest of my hair out?

bluto1 15:06 12 Aug 2007

^^^

katkins 23:10 06 Apr 2008

I know this thread is not recent, but I found a link supplying a possible solution to the Lexmark Z series printer alignment problem.

click here

bluto1 19:16 07 Apr 2008

Thanks for the information. As I had not received an answer from the forum I dropped the query and phoned a friend in Germany who put me on the right road. I've printed a copy of the answer given here and will keep it in case a further problem arises. Thanks a lot again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?