Lexmark X1250 ink cartridges?

Mick54 12:47 27 Dec 2007

Hiya my son in law cannot get hold of compatible ink cartridges for his Lexmark X1250 all in one printer. He has been told he may as well throw it away and buy another printer. Can anyone tell me if they know where to purchase the cartridges or has he in fact bought a printer that you only use once and throw away? Many Thanx Mick.

anskyber 12:53 27 Dec 2007

I have not used this site but they are available here. click here

Mick54 14:14 27 Dec 2007

Many thanx anskyber, I have spoken to son in law and told him the price of the cartridges on this site but at £25 for the pair he still thinks it is a bit too much. As he says he could get another printer for £40 and he could still use scanner on old all in one Lexmark. Still thanx for your time and effort Mick.

anchor 14:30 27 Dec 2007

I agree it is a ridiculous situation when cartridges cost almost as much as a new printer.

Tell you son in law about the Canon Pixma iP3500. This received a very good review in a recent edition of the PCA; (£55 from P.C.World). Replacement cartridges are cheap too from Choice Stationery.

review:

click here

Cartridges:

click here

pj123 17:26 27 Dec 2007

Yes, Lexmark printers have always been "use once and throw away".

The cartridges cost more than a new printer.

You buy a printer for around £30 and the ink replacement costs £50!

Wouldn't buy a Lexmark myself, I have Epson printers and compatible ink cartridges are cheap from Choice Stationery.

Both my Epson printers (R220) have been modified and now use a CIS System. I don't have to buy ink cartridges, I just fill up the reservoirs.

Choice Stationery: click here

CIS (Continuous Ink Systems): click here

Mick54 12:36 28 Dec 2007

Hello thanx everyone for your help. I appreciate the time and effort you have all put in. Will let you know which printer he chooses. Ta Mick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires