Lexmark X1180 not printing yellow or magenta

rossy1 10:35 17 Nov 2010

I have a Lexmark X1180 which is not printing either yellow or magenta, I have cleaned the cartridge and also replaced it.

QuizMan 12:03 17 Nov 2010

There was a similar post very recently regarding a Lexmark x1150 click here

Maybe it is the same problem.

rossy1 14:08 17 Nov 2010

I will try the water method, thanks

rossy1 16:30 17 Nov 2010

QuizMan
Having followed your lead I have tried water and alcohol but the have not resolved the problem. It seems that this is a common problem with Lexmark printers, and seeing that the cartridges contain the printheads the problem must be elsewhere.
Thanks again for your reply.

QuizMan 16:51 17 Nov 2010

Sorry to hear that. I am not too familiar with Lexmark printers, except B&W laser ones, so will have to leave others to suggest possible solutions. Good luck.

BT 16:53 17 Nov 2010

I have an x1150 and had similar problems to both posters. If the soaking in water doesn't solve it you could try GENTLY cleaning the contact pins in the cartridge holder, and also the contact pads on the cartridges with a little alcohol. Can't promise anything though.

I don't use mine any more mainly due to the high cost of replacement ink. I tried refilling but it was never entirely satisfactory. Now use Epson with CISS system fitted.

rossy1 10:50 21 Nov 2010

Thanks BT. I think I will just use it for scanning and printing in black and use my Epson for printing other things. I will mark up as resolved even though it is not

rossy1 10:52 21 Nov 2010

Thanks BT. I think I will just use it for scanning and printing in black and use my Epson for printing other things.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?