Lexmark printer won't power up - Z45 Inkjet

Dipso 21:27 10 Oct 2005

Power adapter connected and switched on but when the power button is pressed nothing happens. If I lift the front cover to access the cartridges they don't move as they should but there is a flashing red light coming from the underside of the left side of the carrier. I have spoken to Lexmark by phone today and was told that there is no such light?! (must be seeing things then LOL!) I was asked to check if the PSU was warm, as I had only just connected it prior to the call it was a little tepid ;) but probably hadn't had time to warm up.

Their solution was to replace the PSU as it was faulty, not enough power going through. I was given a part number which I have since been told is for 115volt AC, DOH! I now have the correct part number and it seems the PSU can be bought for around £10.

My question is, as there obviously is power getting through (mysterious red light), does Lexmarks solution seem feasible or will I be wasting my time and money replacing the PSU?

trevpearson 07:26 11 Oct 2005

If there is a red light (usually it's an optical sensor for alignment) it means you are getting power to the printer. So replacing the PSU would be a waste of time.
The easiest way would be to take the PSU to an electrician an ask him/her to read the DC output with a meter, then you can be certain it's working.
Bear in mind the Lexmark Z series are classed as disposable printers.

Dipso 10:13 11 Oct 2005

That's what I thought. I'll get the output checked. If there's still output, would they be able to tell if it's too low to power the printer?

Bit awkward really, it's a mates and I was the last one to use the printer. The PSU could have died by coincidence but I feel responsible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?