Lexmark help

cyber sal 16:08 09 Mar 2010

Hi i brought a new printer a Lexmark z738 to use on my laptop which is on vista 32 bit but it wont install from disc as it says there is a error on the disc so i down loaded it from Lexmarks site, i then asked it to print a test page but nothing happens it just said in the status bar error, please has anyone got any ideas what im supposed to do ?

howard64 17:04 09 Mar 2010

make sure you have set this printer as your default or your pc may be sending it to a phantom one.

Pineman100 17:33 09 Mar 2010

Just to expand on what howard64 has said, go to Start>Control Panel>Printers. There should be an icon for your Lexmark, with a tick against it - this indicates that it's your default printer.

If the tick isn't there, right-click on the printer icon and in the menu left-click on "Set as default printer".

If there's no icon for the printer, post back.

cyber sal 17:40 09 Mar 2010

Hi i do have a tick on my printer, not quite sure how i uninstall my driver i downloaded earlier so i can download this one ive just been told for vista.

Woolwell 17:42 09 Mar 2010

Duplicate thread click here
The link in that gave instructions on how to uninstall.

cyber sal 17:45 09 Mar 2010

Sorry i thought that was for windows 7 one, im hopeless at anything like this i just know how to work my laptop,lol

Woolwell 17:49 09 Mar 2010

It is a bit misleading on that site. Uninstall and re-install the Vista driver making sure that the printer is not connected whilst doing this.

cyber sal 19:31 09 Mar 2010

Hi i uninstalled it then restarted it then it come up again to uninstall it then restart so i done it again and its still coming up saying there is a old driver still there and just keeps repeating saying uninstall then restart.

Pineman100 11:51 10 Mar 2010

Are you uninstalling the device driver within Device Manager, or are you just uninstalling some supplementary Lexmark software, from your Programs list?

cyber sal 11:55 10 Mar 2010

Not sure my son done it, he followed it from the site where you told me to install the new driver from, if thats any help

ronalddonald 12:38 10 Mar 2010

think its best to tick resolved in one of these duplicate posts or maybe the FE might lock one down, to stop any confusion and to adhere to forum rules

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone