Letters are two big when using word

ponytail 10:14 30 May 2016

I have just tried to type a letter using Word but even at the smallest setting (8)the letters are much too big and cannot see how I can reduce them.They have never been this size before I normally have it on either 10 or 11.Can someone tell me what I need to do.

difarn 10:43 30 May 2016

This may be happening as a result of a recent windows update. If so you could try a system restore to before that date.

I don't know which version of Office you have. In Word 7 if you click on Office button, Word Options, Advanced, scroll down to "show document content" and uncheck "use draft font in draft and outline views" this may solve the problem.

Another solution may be to re-install Office.

ponytail 11:35 30 May 2016

I am using office 2003

ponytail 11:36 30 May 2016

Will reinstall office first thanks

compumac 14:18 30 May 2016

Are you saying the size is large on the screen or when you print them out?

ponytail 15:08 30 May 2016

When I type the words the letters are far two big even if I use size 8

ponytail 15:33 30 May 2016

I have just typed my letter on my wife's notepad as I have to post it in the morning and I used Font Size 18 which is fine but Font Size 18 on here is huge.I am just going to reinstall word and see if that solves the problem and will put result on here shortly.

ponytail 15:47 30 May 2016

Have just uninstalled office and then reinstalled it but still the same.

compumac 15:56 30 May 2016

Is the size you are referring to on the Screen or on the printout???

ponytail 17:08 30 May 2016

On the screen as I type the letter's the letters are far to big.When I normally choose font size 8 they too small but even that size now is far too big.Have not tried a print out but will after posting this and will post the result

ponytail 17:16 30 May 2016

Have just printed a few words and it starts printing at the bottom of the page.The letters are not the normal size 8 How can I show you how it has printed.Have saved the printout in my documents

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?