Letter printing

Tony W. 14:54 10 Apr 2010

I am trying to print a letter from Word but a message keeps coming up saying that the Magenta ink cartridge is empty-(which it is) I have ordered more ink but its unlikely to be with me before next week.

There is no other colour in the letter apart from black so cannot understand why it wont print.

If anybody can suggest apart from going out and buying the ink cartridge today a way that I can print the letter would be very grateful.

Thanks.

woodchip 15:03 10 Apr 2010

It will only work if all ink have ink in them. if one is down it will not print. get down to tesco for some ink

VoG II 15:06 10 Apr 2010

Select Print from the File menu (or the Office button in Word 2007) to bring up the printer dialog. Click Properties and on the Color tab tick Print in greyscale.

Might work...

Sea Urchin 15:15 10 Apr 2010

If it's an Epson printer it is highly unlikely to work without ink in all cartridges.

This program can "fool" the printer into believing that there is ink in all cartridges

click here

Tony W. 16:50 10 Apr 2010

Thanks to all those who replied unfortunately the only option that worked was by going to Tescos.

northumbria61 21:43 10 Apr 2010

Why not have a look at this supplier of Ink Cartridges - I have dealt with them for years - very fast FREE delivery - and many good offers.
You won't be disappointed.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017